Saturday, July 30, 2011

London Triathlon Day 1


The London triathlon today started at the Excel Exhibition Center in London hosting 14,000 participants of all ages and levels.  I am competing on the Olympic Open category and my wave is tomorrow but I had to go and rack my bike on Transition today so I took some photos to share with you guys.  The atmosphere was unbelievable!! If you remember a few weeks ago I posted my Barcelona race report where I said it was the best event I have ever been to! Well, It just got surpassed by the London Triathlon.  Enjoy the photos and wish me luck as I race tomorrow! :)

There were of two of these sections for the thousands of participants
Maxifuel giving away free energy and recovery shakes


That's where I will be tomorrow after the race. Already booked it

That's me. My first race without my wife and daughters :(

It was absolutely packed throughout the day


This was the first guy out of the swim on one of the waves



One of the waves starting. Ever 10 minutes there was a new wave

Spectators providing a great atmosphere








1 comment: